Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from everyone at Chawton Hill!
It has been a busy and exciting year, so we thought we would take a look back at 2016;
- Attending the ISBA conference in March for the first time in 5 years was a great success & we are delighted to have been accepted for the 2017 Conference in Manchester.
- Abi completed the new £100k+ extension at Ashford Park Primary school, her first fully managed project. She also bought a Rapido Export folding caravan and has just bought tickets to see Guns & Roses next year!
- Andrew Stott joined from St Georges School & quickly picked up the disabled access entrance project at Ashtead Peace Memorial Hall. He also took his family on their first overseas holiday to Barcelona.
- In March, we started on a focused content marketing strategy which so far has delivered over 40 blog posts, 50,000 impressions, 4 new clients & 6 repeat client projects.
- Alex nearly drove the fence at the driving range after our Footie Golf day at Horton Park but he did complete the third Make Ready Centre at Polegate for SECamb
- We continued our ISO 9001 Quality Management certification
- James & Alex were both promoted to Associate Directors
- Bridgit helped us introduce a new accounting system in Xero & time management system in WorkFlow Max. Both have greatly improved the accuracy our financial control & quote analysis
- David fell off his mountain bike again but this time didn’t need any corrective surgery which was a major step forward!
- We completed the rebuild of Hackney New School
- Mark Belton & David Smith left us for pastures new and we would like to wish them every success in 2017.
- James completed over 150 building surveys AND he & his wife, Vicky had their second baby. Evie was born in August at 6lbs 8oz.
- The Argos Lofts re-instatement project was finished in May
- Steve bought a Lamborghini Green Caterham SuperSport to match Dave’s Daytona Yellow Caterham SuperLight. Dave took his on a road trip to Wales & Steve took his on a tour of the Normandy Beaches & Le Mans Classic in July. Our car park in the summer sounded more like an F1 racing pit!
- Kimberley Weston joined us in December taking over administration of the office from Charlotte, who has joined central London recruitment specialists Hoggett Bowers. Everyone wishes her all the best in her new role.
- We successfully applied for planning permission to convert our existing Small Office in Leatherhead into two residential units. Work starts in early 2017, so we are moving to larger offices just around the corner in Bridge Street near the River Mole.
Here’s to 2017!