Here at Chawton Hill, we undertake a full range of professional surveying Block Management Services. Our Surveyors work closely with Property Managers to ensure that works are carried efficiently and according to exacting requirements.
Our Surveyors are qualified, highly experienced and as such, we can often respond immediately to emergency’s such as flash floods and roofing issues.
We have detailed below some of our Block Management Services but if there is anything not listed that you would like us to review, please do get in touch.
Professional Surveying Services offered in respect of Residential Block Management:
- Administration of all types of building contracts in respect of Major Works (such as external redecoration, roof renewal, etc) commencing with the preparation of the original specification through to completion of the works. Below are examples of the typical activities our Surveyors would carry out in respect of major works contracts.
- Identify the scope of the work involved;
- Agree scope with client;
- Agree specification with client;
- Agree tender list with client;
- Agree time-table for work with client;
- Advise client on the funds needed to pay for the work;
- Issue specification to tender list;
- Incorporate the procedures that the contractor must adhere to whilst on site and/or in a lessee’s property;
- Obtain tenders returned by the agreed deadline;
- Evaluate tenders;
- Recommend to client which contractor to appoint;
- Agree start date with contractor and client;
- Advise all lessees when consultation period has expired;
- Advise all lessees by circular of work and any additional security risks (scaffolding etc);
- Commence work;
- Monitor work to conclusion, making such interim payments as necessary under the contract and issuing work orders as with small works procedure;
- Adhoc building defect diagnosis and associated remedial works.
- Specialist advice regarding failure of major components such as roof coverings, window replacement, repair / replacement of storage tanks and lifts, and rising main services.
- Programming and implementation of planned maintenance works. Including preparation of comprehensive condition reports and maintenance programmes for the common parts and external fabric. Budgeting and prioritising building repair and improvement works over a period of five to ten years.
- Advice on improvements and modernisation including preparation of specifications for upgrading works such as fire safety equipment, signage, lighting, security, video-entry and other Health & Safety provisions.
Other Professional Surveying Services offered:
- Party Wall awards.
- Preparation of schedules of dilapidations.
- Administration of refurbishment projects and new build projects from preparation of the original specification through to completion of the contract.
- Receivership appointments under the Law of Property Act.
- General building surveys and condition reports.