Over the past two and a half years we have been acting as planning consultants for Revolution Laundrette, a stand alone, 24/7 outdoor self-service launderette provider and part of the international Photo-Me Group.
As a temporary, movable structure the launderette units provide site owners with increased footfall and in-store spend whilst customer’s laundry is being washed.
With hundreds of units planned across the country, we have managed planning authority applications across England, Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland & Wales. There are over 500 planning authorities within these regions and with each having a slightly different process, we have built up considerable experience in how to achieve planning consents.
To date our planning consent success rate is 83%, covering a wide range of planning authority requirements such as noise assessments, waste water investigations and traffic assessments.
Most applications take around 2 weeks to prepare with a planning authority decision usually within 8 to 12 weeks. In addition to any specific planning authority requests, each application generally consists of;
- Location Plan
- Unit Elevations
- Site Plan
- Design & Access Statement
- Unit Technical Manual, Data Sheet, Installation Manual, Operation Manual & Maintenance Manual
The Revolution Laundrette has a number of key benefits for the site owner and end user;
- 100% self service open 24/7
- Professional washing and drying machines with high capacity 8kg and 18kg machines running 30 minute washing cycles
- Disabled Access
- In built payment station with cycle end SMS alerts, card and cash payments
- Controlled power consumption such as water heating only when the dryer is not in operation and LED lighting
- Low installation costs through pre-assembled unit installed with half a day
- Eco-friendly washing liquids dispensed in ideal quantity for each wash which are free of phosphates, colouring agents and preservatives. Meets ECOCERT standard