All our Building Surveys are carried out under our Terms of Engagement and the latest RICS Professional statement. During the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we have temporarily amended these terms. This is so our surveyors and clients remain safe at all times during Building Surveys.
On our Quick RICS Building Survey Quote form and our RICS Building Survey Booking Form, we have added a tick box to confirm you have read and understood these new terms and agree to follow them during your Building Survey.
- Sellers must ensure there is no-one in the property for the duration of the Building Survey. No-one should re-enter the property until the surveyor has finished the Building Survey & confirmed it’s safe to re-enter the property.
- All our surveyors will wear fresh gloves, overshoes and will have a mask available for use at all times.
- All our surveyors will wash their hands before and after the Building Survey.
- Before the Building Survey, we ask the seller to open all wardrobes, cupboards, doors etc to avoid our surveyors from touching more surfaces than they need to.
- The seller must confirm on booking and 1 day prior to the Building Survey date that they and all family members in the property are not shielding, isolating, classed in the vulnerable category and have not had any symptoms for over 14 days.
- All our surveyors will confirm 1 day prior to the Building Survey if they or any family members are shielding, isolating, classed in the vulnerable category or have had any symptoms over the previous 14 days.
For more advice on moving home during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, please see the government’s page for people moving into homes in the private or social sector.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Building Survey Administrative team on 01372 360663 or email@example.com